Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Spring Has Sprung: "Wave" Is Done!

Over the gorgeous weekend, I spent part of it indoors and finished knitting and wet blocking Spring "Wave." It's much larger than the last two times I knitted this Kristen Finlay FREE pattern. Used more yarn (over 446 yards) than what this pattern calls for because I was knitting with a light fingering, instead of fingering weight. I didn't get to knit an extra repeat as I was hoping last week.  Had only 13 yards left (or knitted 97%) of this skein after the very long bind off (368 stitches)!

My HUGE Spring "Wave"
Wave: Kristen Finlay
Photo and Hand knitted: 
Knitted Candy Diva

It's HUGE -- 80 inches x 19 inches -- light, airy and very drapey. Perfect to wrap around my neck and shoulders.

"Wave" scrunches up beautifully.
Photo and Hand Knitted: Knitted Candy Diva

Loved how the Turkish Lace knit stitch opened up and blended the highly variegated Araucania hand-dyed 100% merino. 

Love the openness and the blending of
the Spring-like colors
Photo and Hand Knitted: 
Knitted Candy Diva
In person, this shawl/wrap/scarf looks like viewing through a kaleidoscope or the rapid brush strokes of Monet's Waterlilies up close. It screams pretty much "Spring" is here. 

To keep or not to keep? 
What would you do?
Photo and Hand Knitted: 
Knitted Candy Diva

Now my big decision for this shawl/wrap/scarf is --  "Give as a Gift" or "Keep for Me" -- What should I do?

4 comments:

  1. That's so nice. I'm in love with the colours. Perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am quite stunned myself how goregous it turned out. When you get a chance, please knit one. I have convinced a few of my knitting group ladies to knit since I knitted this pattern the first time and all have been very happy with their results. Love to see how yours will turn out.

      Delete
  2. To add you can’t get the pattern

    ReplyDelete

Please comment here.