Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Paddy's Day: Spring "Wave"

After finished knitting Surprise "Spring is in the Air," I have been knitting more off than on Spring "Wave." 
My knitting in progress: Spring "Wave"
Pattern by Kristen Finlay
(Photo: Knitted Candy Diva, Mar 2014)
Since last Thursday, the weather in the Bay Area has been GORGEOUS! Temps have been in the 70s - 80s. Yes, we are going to pay for this in terms of water rationing (aka Drought)! Haven't had much time to blog since I have been running around doing errands and soaking up the sun as much as I can. It's amazing that Spring technically is suppose to start on March 20th, but everything is pretty much in bloom or already finishing blooming as I walk around my neighborhood during the past month.
Crazy Winter 2014: Magnolia in full bloom in mid February! 
Central Park, San Mateo, CA
Photo: Knitted Candy Diva
This is the third time I am knitting this Ravelry FREE pattern by Australian Kristen Finlay. The first two times I knitted this 70 inch x 17 inch shawl/wrap/scarf was in 2012 for a dear friend's birthday gift and my now SIL in early 2013 using hand-dyed variegated purple fingering for both.  
Looking for an easy, fast knit to give
as a gift to a friend or to you?
Wave by Kristen Finlay.
Photo & Hand Knitted by:
Knitted Candy Diva, Sept 2012
This time around I thought I need to get out of my intense purple/pink/orange color rut and knit Spring "Wave" using this springy, light green/mint, lavender, cream and pink light fingering merino combo. This is my tie-in to St. Patrick's Day. Its is a very simple pattern to remember. I have easily knitted this while having some deep conversations with members of my knitting group, watching TV or riding BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) during commuting. The results are gorgeous! You can wear it so many different ways because its large, drapey and scrunches.  The Turkish lace is like a mesh pattern and is a great match with highly variegated hand-dyed yarn, no pooling!

If you are looking for your next knitting project idea and want something light and airy, Wave could be the free pattern for you.

4 comments:

  1. That's lovely. Definitely going in my queue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Please knit one soon. Love to see how yours will turn out.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Kim - lovely. And I have also added it to my Ravelry queue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeahh!! Again, love to see what yarn you would choose. It's really easy and a quick knit.

      Delete

Please comment here.